Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Obsession

You are an obsession
I cannot sleep
I am your possession
some_text
I am sick in the head y'all.  I literally weigh myself a billion times a day, I am scale obsessed.  I will weigh myself first thing when I wake up, then after my shower and one more time before I put my clothes on for work.  If there was a scale at work I bet I would weigh myself there too. What a freak! Just for pure torture, I weigh myself in the evening also, multiple times. Pretty much anytime I see the scale I think "better check my weight".  Even Brent has asked "you are weighing yourself again?" Yes I am, don't judge me!

So I have held an intervention for myself.
some_text
I have started by cutting back to once every other day, baby steps.  Eventually I want to cut back to one weekly weigh-in and not obsess over that fricken number everyday of my life.
 
Moment of truth, I really just want to hurry up and lose all this weight but I must be patient.  I mean I didn't pack it all on in a couple of months it took years to wreck my body.
 
Have you ever been scale obsessed during weightloss?  Comment below with how you got over it.
 
Until next time,
Amanda
 
 

button

2 comments:

  1. I used to be like you, weighing myself a couple times a day, but than I noticed that my mood seem to revolve around what the scale said. I realized I did not want a scale to rule my life. I no longer weigh myself. At the doctors office a look away when they weigh me.

    thefitfoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole, I agree the scale totally affects my mood. If I don't like the number I have a crappy day. I am making more of an effort to not let it reign over me but it is so hard. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete