Friday, January 31, 2014

Getting my head back in the game

A couple of weeks ago I was on the verge of giving up.  I felt like giving up on myself and my health journey.  The scale was moving in the wrong direction, my eating was way off, and I took a hiatus from exercising. I wanted so badly to put up my middle finger to all of it and quit. So many times before I had been to this same crossroad and so many times before I had quit.

But this time is different, I am different.  So I decided to quit wallowing in self pity and give myself a swift kick in the rear.  I decided to try and focus on small goals like committing to tracking my food and eating at regular intervals.  As each day passed getting back to my healthy routine became not so overwhelming.

Then this happened.




BOOM


This is an amazing accomplishment for me.   It was hard not to cry after seeing this because it is proof of how far I have come in such a short amount of time.  

For those of you on your own journey I encourage you to focus on the small things because they add up.

Until next time,
Amanda

P.S. Be sure to check out Holly's Blog to enter her giveaway.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad your turned it into something positive! I have been right where you are many times, wanting to quit! But please don't quit! What will that accomplish? Nothing. I know you are trying and it's frustrating to try and try and make little progress or none. But as long as you keep trying that will eventually turn into big results! Stick with it and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha. I may stumble along the way but this time I won't quit,

      Delete
  2. I'm rooting for you! Don't give up! :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so glad you didn't give up! Weight loss is SO HARD but no matter if the scale moves are not, you just have to keep on going! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete