Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Last year was filled with so many changes for me. The biggest change of all being my commitment to becoming a better me.  I had a goal to lose 40 pounds by 12/31/13.  Not gonna lie, I fell a little short of the mark.  I only lost 33.1 pounds.  WOOHOO!!!!  I don't feel like I failed because I still accomplished so much in the last few months. 

Here is my final progress pics from 2013.

Left 8/31/13, Right 12/31/13 Down 33.1 pounds
  

Those pounds are gone forever. I will never be that woman in the before pic again.  I still have a long road ahead but I am taking it one day at a time.  Not only have I changed on the outside but I can feel a change on the inside.  I don't hate who I see in the mirror, I even catch that pretty lady in the mirror smiling back from time to time. 

In order to continue my success in 2014 I have set some goals for myself.  I have divided my goals into categories so I feel less overwhelmed.

Health/Fitness Goals
  1. Meet my 100 pound weightloss goal
  2. Complete three 5k races
  3. Complete the BCS half marathon in December 2014.
  4. Commit to working out a minimum of 3 days a week.
  5. Meal prep on Sundays
Academic Goals
  1. Manage my study time better.
  2. Try to get atleast one 'A' each semester.
Spiritual Goals
  1. Get to know Jesus better by reading the Gospel.
  2. Use my prayer journal everyday
  3. Count my blessings more often
  4. Go to mass faithfully every Sunday and actively seek the Holy Spirit in my heart.
  5. Engage in random acts of love and kindness whenever possible.
Financial Goals
  1. Make and stick to our family budget.
  2. Save more and spend less.
  3. Start a savings/college fund for MJ.
  4. Eliminate frivolous purchases.
Misc. Goals
  1. Read 4 non-school books
  2. Grow my hair out. {Get ready for some awkward stage hair photos on my instagram.  You can follow me @assignmentamanda.}
I will be printing this list out and taping it to my bathroom mirror so I can look at them everyday.  I have no reason not to complete anything on this list. I intend to look back a year from now and feel accomplished.

What are your goals for 2014? 

Until next time,
Amanda

10 comments:

  1. I like how you broke your goals for the new year down into categories that encompass all areas of your life. I haven't sat down to make a list, but I know there are several you mentioned that I will be adding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mardesia, I love to organize it makes the tasks seem not so great when I break it down a bit! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Thirty-three pounds is good and much better than zero. What you've done is inspiring! :)

    Love your organized goal. Something like this will definitely keep me focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reginia! I am really proud of how far I have come in a few short months. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Awesome job on getting rid of over 30 pounds!! No small accomplishment! And best wishes on being mindful of your goals for this year and continually pursuing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I hope to be successful in all areas of my life this year.

      Delete
  4. Down 33 lbs love it. I take one month at a time but any accomplishment is better than doing nothing. Good luck to you in the New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kita. I focus on small goals as well to help get to my bigger goals. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Those are such awesome goals!! You look AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see how 2014 changes your life! Thank you for sharing your journey :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you look great!!!! Thank you for sharing :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete