Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Recap and Holiday Photo Challenge

Well hello there, it has been a while!  Let us begin with a recap of Thanksgiving.  I stuck to my plan and made my delicious Thanksgiving meal.  Then my mom showed up with a pecan pie and a coconut cream pie.  Temptation overload.  I had a piece of each and it was so gosh darn good I wanted to cry.  I wouldn't say my eating was completely terrible over the holiday but I could have made some better choices.  Also, I didn't eat enough food at regular intervals so I only lost .2 pounds this week.  I have a problem with skipping meals on the weekends.  However, I have mentally recommitted to my healthy lifestyle and am ready to see some great results in December.

Now on to the holiday photo challenge.  A couple of weeks ago I wrote about self-perception and a reader left a comment with a link to a post.  This post really hit home with me.  To sum it up the author talked about how we avoid the camera because all we see are the self-perceived negative physical characteristics like our weight or double chin and how those who truly love us don't see us that way.  I myself have missed out on captured memories because I didn't have make-up on, felt incredibly fat, or was worried about my crooked teeth and didn't want there to be photo proof of my insecurities.  Because of this there are hardly any pictures of me with Madelynn during the first couple years of her life.  That makes me so incredibly sad.

So this is my challenge to my readers.  Make a change this holiday season and get on the other side of the camera.  I am providing some monetary motivation by giving away a $30 Target gift card.  Here is what you need to do to enter the challenge.

1. Get in front of the camera this holiday season and become part of those memories.
2. Email your favorite pics to me.  {Each photo counts as an entry and I will accept up to five per person.}

Photo entries will be accepted until January 3rd.  On January 6th I will announce the winner and include picture submissions in a blog post.  If you would like to include your blog link or FB page link send it with your photos and I will include it in the blog post on January 6th. 

Here are a couple of me over Thanksgiving.  Even though there are a number of things I could find wrong with them I am CHOOSING to focus on what I like about them.
Sisters
Hubby and me.  12+ years strong.

Snapping green beans, pioneer woman style.  (Hubby took this one)

 
I can't wait to see your beautiful faces in your holiday pics.

Until next time,
Amanda

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love this and think that it's so cool that you are helping and encouraging us to get comfortable with WHO we are...in FRONT of the camera not just behind it! I think this is a great challenge & I'm happy to participate in it and share it with those I know too! Great idea, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing! I will be sharing some of my holiday photos as well. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. What an awesome challenge! You will definitely be hearing from me! :)

    NEATLY-PACKAGED.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK! Green Beans, my favorite veggie ever. I also really love this challenge. I am always the one offering to take the pics and I never seem to be in many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a lifetime of not liking green beans I tried them again and decided I still don't like them. I hope you will participate in the challenge! Thanks for reading!

      Delete