Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Madelynn Jae


My little bambina is five today!  In honor of her birthday I thought it would be fun to tell her birth story.
I had somewhat of a struggle getting pregnant with MJ because I suffered from PCOS.  Basically, my body did not produce enough Progesterone to make me ovulate.  But after a year and a couple rounds of Clomid I became pregnant.   As soon as I found out that I was pregnant I knew I was having a girl.  I could feel it in my bones.  I was very fortunate to not have any real complications during my pregnancy (this was a miracle because I was overweight and ate more than my fair share of Whataburger while I was preggo).  Needless to say my pregnancy was very unhealthy.
MJ was due on December 23, 2008 but she decided she needed to wait until December 27th. That morning around 7:00 a.m. I woke up and felt really uncomfortable and was cramping pretty hard.  I took a hot shower and when the pain started growing stronger I knew that it was time.  I got dressed woke Brent up and had him time the contractions.  The contractions were getting stronger and were spaced evenly so we decided to go to the hospital.  We called our families to tell them that she was coming and then headed to the hospital.  We arrived at the hospital around 11:00 a.m. and I was feeling a good deal of pain by then.  I remember standing at the admitting desk in the ER wanting to choke the lady when she nonchalantly said “do you want me to call Labor and delivery?” while I was hunched over writhing in pain. Duh!

Once I got up to L&D they checked me and confirmed that today was the day.  I wasn't dilating steadily so the doctor gave me Pitocin.  That stuff is the Devil!  It was now about 12:30 p.m. and our families had arrived and were all in the room excited and laughing with each other.  Meanwhile I am trying to "breath" through the pain.  Around 1:30 p.m. I asked everyone to leave the room.  The extra noise only seemed to amplify the pain and I didn't want to keep answering the question of "are you feeling ok?" Umm no, my body is trying to expel a human.   

I labored for another hour and a half in the quiet with just Brent there to coach me.  I remember looking at him through tear-filled eyes asking him to please make the pain stop.  {After she was here I asked him why he kept stepping into the bathroom during this time and he told me that seeing me in that much pain made him so upset that he had to collect himself so he could be strong for me.  God gave me such a wonderful man, for reals.}

By 3:00 p.m. they decided I could have my epidural.  Up to that point those were the sweetest words I had heard in my life.  However it was another 30-45 min before the Anesthesiologist made it to the room.  It felt like days went by while waiting for him and that wonderful medicine.  After I had the epidural it was smooth sailing.  I let all the family come back in for a bit until it was time to push. 

I started seriously pushing around 10:30 p.m. They figured out that she was coming pretty easily and I had a nurse literally holding her in while waiting on the doctor to show up.  Once he got there one push and she was here.

Madelynn Jae Schrader was born at 11:34 p.m. on 12/27/08.  She weighed 8 lbs 12oz and was 20.5" long.  She was beautiful and perfect.  I loved her before she was born but the minute I saw her face I knew I would never be the same.  Brent and I cried because we both loved her so much the instant we saw her and he turned to me and said "I love you" and gave me the most tender kiss.  The moment I met MJ is one I never want to forget.


 
I think the love that you feel for your child is the exact same love God has for all of us.  In that moment I saw God. 

Happy Birthday Madelynn Jae.  Mommy loves you more than you will ever know.

Until next time,
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I went through PCOS too! It was difficult especially when people would ask, "when are yall going to have a baby?" um, i guess when i finally get pregnant. beautiful story Amanda :)) thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashlie. I didn't know you had PCOS. I am so glad that God blessed us after 2 rounds of Clomid and we didn't have to go further. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ashlie. I didn't know you had PCOS. I am so glad that God blessed us after 2 rounds of Clomid and we didn't have to go further. Thanks for reading!

      Delete