Monday, August 25, 2014

First day of school

Being a parent is bittersweet.  I say this all the time and those words get more true with each year.  Today is Madelynn's first day of school and I am full of mixed emotions.

I am sad that she isn't a baby anymore, I am excited for her to start her new adventure, I am proud of the little girl she is and cannot wait to see her grow and learn.

Yesterday, I think all of us (mom, dad, and MJ) were starting to feel really anxious about this morning and how it would go.  Last night we packed her lunch, picked out a cute outfit and made it to bed at a decent time.  When she woke up this morning she was PUMPED and I was feeling more nervous than ever. I get so worried that she is going to be lost in that big school crying because she can't find her way.

Anyways, we made it to her classroom and she handled it like a champ.  No crying, no burying her face in my dress, or whining because she didn't want us to leave.  As we left her all I could do was smile and swallow the lump in my throat.

Today starts a new adventure and my baby girl has big dreams.


Anybody else have kiddos starting school today?

1 comment:

  1. Aww hope Madelynn had a wonderful first day! (And that mom held it together!)

    ReplyDelete