Sunday, October 13, 2013

My bag of tricks.

Well not really tricks more like resources/tools.  Weight loss is an overwhelming task when you have a significant amount to lose like I do.  So why not get a little help along the way? 

When I decided that enough is enough I went straight back to Weight Watchers.  WW has worked for me in the past (lack of real commitment kept me from sticking with it).  I like that WW does not dictate what I need to eat.  This is important for me because I start to develop this toxic attitude shortly after I begin a restrictive diet of "whateva, I do what I want".  Then I vacate the diet all together and eat whatever I want, then wonder why I dislike the way I look.  WW isn't a diet it is about learning to make good choices and portion control. 

I track faithfully everyday, even on days when I don't make the best choices.

Not only is tracking what I eat important but what I put into my body is just as important.  I try to eat natural foods (lean meat, fresh fruits and veggies) about 90% of the time.  Eliminating foods with ingredients I can't even pronounce has made a huge difference.  Moment of truth... I used to think the organic movement was bunk but now I see the value in fueling your body with natural unmodified food.  I don't buy everything organic (some of that stuff is wicked expensive), probably about 30-50% percent of what I buy is organic.

I went from eating things like this.....


To eating things like this.....




Another way I am ensuring my success is by connecting with people who are on the same journey.  You have to surround yourself with people that are going to help you reach your goals.  I have recently been placed on a weight loss team (SHOUT OUT TO TEAM PEARL) set up by this awesome lady Sunshine's Journey to 199.  It is a safe place where I can give/receive encouragement with other women and I connect with them daily.

As I continue this journey, I am sure I will find more resources to help me along the way.  What are you doing to reach your goals? 


Until next time,

Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment