Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Reasons Why

I have decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon.  Why?  Well there are several reasons.

1.  I have recently started a weight loss journey.  I am more determined than ever to become fit and healthy this time. I figured blogging my struggles, progress, victories, etc. would be a good way to hold me accountable as well as maybe help someone out there who might be struggling.  I have not become brave enough to post my weight and progress pics quite yet but it is one of my short term goals.  I promise!

2.  I want to empower other women.  We live in a society where we have become comfortable with tearing each other down.  Moment of truth,  I am guilty of this myself.  Recently I realized why,  it was out of pure jealousy of another woman's success, how beautiful she was, etc.  I WILL NOT allow myself to do that anymore. 

3.  With that said, I started this blog because I get really worried about what other people think of me.  I figured this might become a good tool to learn to let go and realize that not everyone likes/loves me and that is OK. 

4.  Last year I began a what I call a faith journey and decided to convert to Catholicism (I will post about my faith journey in the future).  This blog is a great way for me to help spread God's love and maybe help bring people to Him.  It will also help me continue to keep God a constant in my life.

I named this blog "Assignment Amanda" because it is about changing myself.  I want to become the best version of myself.  I want to truly love who I am inside and out and at the end of the day I want there to be no doubt in my mind that I am going to Heaven.  I have a 4 year-old little girl and I want to be a positive role model for her. 

I am 28 now and by the time I am 30 I want to fully love the woman I am.  This is the story of becoming her.

Until next time,

Amanda







2 comments:

  1. Wow I am totally with you! Being a role model is definitely my driving force! You can't preach what you don't practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all in positions to shape the future and why not start with making yourself a positive role model. Thanks for reading and following!

      Delete